Okay, so I can’t take credit for this amazing recipe or the cooking of it, but will take full credit for eating & enjoying it! It’s simple & amazing. The best thing about vaca…definitely the food! My mom is by far one of the most fab cooks I know, I’m sure to gain weight while I’m here….and it’s sooo worth it.
Bacon & Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1 cube unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (recommended: Maytag or Point Reyes)
- 2 thick slices of uncured, nitrate free, smoked bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chop
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 skin-on, bone-in organic chicken breasts
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Mix the butter, blue cheese, bacon, and chives together. Preheat the oven to 425 deg. Carefully loosen the skin from chicken breasts and stuff the blue cheese butter under the skin of each breast; smoothing the skin to evenly distribute the butter over the surface of the breast meat.
Put the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet and rub any remaining butter over the skin. Season each breast with just a pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
Roast the chicken breasts, skin sides up, in the center of the oven until skin is crisped and chicken is cooked through, about 35 to 40 minutes (or 165deg)
Pairing: We had also had fresh spinach salad with garlic baked fingerling potatoes. Delish, indeed.